If you were injured as a result of another’s negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation. There are two different types of recoverable damages: economic damages and non-economic damages. Reach out to our firm today to speak with a skilled Columbia personal injury lawyer.
What are economic damages?
Individuals who have been hurt because of another’s negligence are usually faced with a serious financial burden because of their injuries and the accident. In a successful personal injury lawsuit, the injured party may be able to recover economic damages that can include:
- the cost of medical bills and rehabilitation
- lost wages as a result of time out of work
- other financial losses as a result of the accident
What are non-economic damages?
In addition to financial defeats that an individual may face as a result of an accident, they may also recover compensation for damages that are not financial. These may include the following:
- pain and suffering
- loss of enjoyment of life
- the inability to conduct daily activities as they could prior to the accident
If you have been injured in an accident, do not hesitate to give our firm a call today to discuss the facts of your case.
What types of accidents warrant damages?
There are several kinds of accidents that may warrant financial compensation. Some of them include, and are not limited to the following:
- Car Accidents: If you have been injured in a car accident due to no fault of your own, there is a very good chance that you will have a valid personal injury claim.
- Motorcycle Accidents: It is unfortunate that motorcyclists have very little protection from other motorists, and though wearing a helmet may save someone’s life, oftentimes, motorcyclists will endure the brunt of any auto accident. Our firm is here to support all those who have wrongly sustained injuries in motorcycle accidents.
- Truck Accidents: Truckers are anticipated to meet stringent deadlines and drive long hours into the night, which often results in serious fatigue. Driving while fatigued is among the most common causes of auto accidents. Our firm is ready to help all those who have faced the consequences of truck driver negligence.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians have next to no protection from their surroundings, and if you have been struck by a negligent driver as a pedestrian, our firm can help you file a personal injury claim.
- Supermarket Injuries: Grocery shopping is possibly one of the most ordinary activities we are regularly involved with, which is why injuries sustained in supermarkets are particularly serious. However, if you were injured due to negligent supermarket management or staff, you may have a valid personal injury claim.
Contact Our Experienced South Carolina Firm
If you require legal representation for matters of personal injury, elder abuse, or whistleblower protection contact our Mann Blake & Jackson Law today.