Department store accidents can leave an individual will serious injuries and financial burdens. If you were hurt in one, do not wait to reach out to our firm today to speak with a Columbia slip and fall lawyer. Our firm is committed to ensuring you obtain the compensation you need to heal.
What are the common causes of department store accidents in South Carolina?
There are a number of different ways that department store accidents can occur in South Carolina. However, you will want to recognize that the majority of these accidents are a result of a store employee and/or management negligence. Some of the most common instances of negligence that can cause a department store injury include the following:
- Poorly placed floor mats
- Inadequately lit parking lots
- Falling merchandise from shelves
- Liquids on bathroom floors
- Spills left uncleaned
- Defective escalators, elevators, or other equipment used in the store
- Lack of security
It is in your best interest to reach out to our firm today if you have any additional questions or concerns about department store accidents in South Carolina. Our legal team will help you navigate through each step of the process.
What steps should I take after a department store accident?
You will want to note that store owners and employees are accountable for ensuring that their properties are made safe to control customer injuries. This can be achieved by performing routine inspections of the property to make sure that there are no hazardous conditions present. If these routine checks are not completed, and an injury happens as a result, the store owner and employees may be held liable for negligence. If you are facing this situation, take the following steps:
- Call 911. The police will be able to send an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, obtain witness statements, and more.
- Take photos and videos at the scene of the accident.
- Gather any contact information from witnesses. In some cases, witness testimony can be crucial to a premises liability lawsuit.
- Seek medical attention right after your accident occurs. This will guarantee that your injuries are sufficiently treated while also providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. Medical documents can play an especially significant role in a personal injury case.
- Retain the services of an experienced Columbia personal injury lawyer to help you gather more evidence, including police reports and security camera footage.
If you have any lingering questions or concerns about your legal options after your injury, do not hesitate to reach out to our firm today. We are just one call away.
Contact Our Experienced South Carolina Firm
If you require legal representation for matters of personal injury, elder abuse, or whistleblower protection, look no further than Mann Blake & Jackson Law. To discover more about our services and how we can assist you, contact our firm today.