Apartment accidents can be serious. If you were hurt in one, you may want to consider your legal options. Reach out to our firm today and speak with a dedicated and experienced Columbia personal injury lawyer. Our legal team is on your side.
How Do Apartment Accidents Occur in South Carolina?
There are a number of different ways that apartment accidents can happen. But, you will want to recognize that the majority of them are because of landlord negligence. In South Carolina, landlords have a duty to ensure that their property is properly maintained and made safe for their tenants and visitors. In the case that a landlord fails this duty and an individual is injured as a result, the landlord may be held responsible in the court of law. Some of the most typical ways apartment accidents can happen include the following:
- Dangerous stairwells
- Mold or asbestos
- Defective smoke or carbon monoxide detectors
- Apartment pools without proper boundaries or safety measures
- Inadequate lighting
If you were injured as a result of any of the above conditions, you may have a viable personal injury claim. Reach out to our firm today to discuss the details of your case and your options. Our legal team is here to help.
What Steps Should I Take After My Apartment Accident Injury?
If you would like to pursue legal action after your apartment accident, keep in mind that it is the injured party’s responsibility to provide evidence pointing to the negligence of another. This means that you will need to acquire as much evidence as possible to increase your chances of having a successful legal claim. You can do this by taking the following measures beginning immediately after your accident:
- Call 911 – The police will send an ambulance and file an accident report.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident, including the dangerous conditions that caused your injury.
- Collect contact information from any witnesses to the case or other tenants that can verify the hazardous apartment conditions.
- Seek medical attention to ensure that your injuries are properly treated.
- Ask your doctor to supply you with medical documentation outlining the severity and origin of your injuries.
- Employ the services of a skilled Columbia slip and fall lawyer that can assist you to collect more proof for your case, including security camera footage, police reports, or other information that you may not be able to acquire on your own.
Contact Our Experienced South Carolina Firm
If you require legal representation for matters of personal injury, elder abuse, or whistleblower protection, look no further than Mann Blake & Jackson Law. To discover more about our services and how we can assist you, contact our firm today.