Car accidents can cause severe physical, emotional, and financial burdens to those injured. If you were hurt in one, you will need to retain the services of a skilled Columbia personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Our legal team is dedicated to ensuring you receive the compensation you need to heal.
Causes of Car Accidents in South Carolina
A car accident can occur in a number of different ways. In some instances, these accidents are a result of poor road conditions, inclement weather, faulty car parts, and more. However, most car accidents are a result of driver negligence. The most common forms of driver negligence include the following:
- Driving while drowsy or fatigued
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving aggressively or recklessly
- Eating or smoking while driving
- Excessively speeding
- Failing to comply with traffic lights, signs, and other rules of the road
Can I Recover Compensation After My Car Accident Injury?
You may be qualified to receive financial compensation if you were injured as a result of another party’s negligence. However, in order to recover compensation, you will have to show evidence of this negligence. If you can, be sure to take the following steps after your accident:
- Call 911. The police will be able to dispatch an ambulance, file an accident report, conduct chemical tests, and more.
- Document the scene. Take pictures and videos of your injuries and any damage done to the vehicles and other property involved.
- Obtain witness contacts. Ask for the contact information of anyone who witnessed your accident occurring. Witness testimony can be an essential component of a personal injury claim.
- Ask the other party for their insurance information. After a car accident, it may be hard to remain calm, however, it is important to note that your behavior can have a position in a personal injury case. For instance, if you apologize for the accident, this can be misinterpreted as an admission of guilt.
- Seek medical attention. This will ensure that your injuries are properly treated while also supplying you with evidence pointing to the origin and extent of your injuries.
Do not hesitate to reach out to a skilled Columbia car accident lawyer today if you were injured in a car accident as a result of another’s negligence. Our firm is on your side.
Contact Our Experienced South Carolina Firm
If you require legal representation for matters of personal injury, elder abuse, or whistleblower protection, look no further than Mann Blake & Jackson Law. To discover more about our services and how we can assist you, contact our firm today.